Monday, May 30, 2005

Why Isn't the Energy Bill the Talk of the Town?

We’ve heard a lot during the last couple of weeks about the judicial nominations fight in the Senate, deals stuck between democrats and Republicans, and other issues. But why isn’t the energy bill the talk of the town? Why isn’t it on the front page of the Albuquerque Journal, above the fold? Why aren’t the tv news stations reporting what is a such an important issue?

New Mexico US Senator Pete Domenici, Chairman of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee and New Mexico US Senator Jeff Bingaman, Ranking Democrat on the Committee have joined forces in bi-partisan fashion last week to pass a comprehensive Energy Bill through committee almost unanimously. (link)

Isn’t that significant? Isn’t it important for New Mexico that its two Senators have managed to move a major, major piece of bi-partisan legislation through the U.S. Senate during a time of some pretty nasty partisanship?

Energy may not be as much of a publicity-generating issue as stem cell research or judicial fights, but it wasn’t long ago that California was experiencing major blackouts, Remember? We all are aware of the current oil issues. This bill will guide U.S. energy policy for the next 10 years and it's an acomplishment for these two Senators.

Energy is one of those things people don’t think about much unless something goes wrong. If Jeff and Pete pass their Energy Bill, we will hopefully have less to worry about.

6 Comments:

Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Hoodia said...

Help me Dude, I think I'm lost..... I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him in a car lot yesterday, which is really strange because the last time I saw him was in the supermarket. No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender". He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a San Diego cosmetic surgery doctor ,to fit into those blue suede shoes of yours. But Elvis said in the Ghetto nobody can afford a San Diego plastic surgery doctor. Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger. Then I'm gonna go round and see Michael Jackson and we're gonna watch a waaaay cool make-over show featuring some Tijuana dentists on the TV in the back of my Hummer. And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . . "You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on " Strange day or what? :-)

3:42 AM  
Blogger clandis said...

A good resource for the attorney fraud jacksonville stock for getting results. Or just buy the domain name if you're interested in the topic of attorney fraud jacksonville stock .

7:10 PM  
Blogger Ken said...

Hey, I really like you blog and will be back to check it our from time

to time! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a

href="http://m2cglobal-energy-drink.blogspot.com">home bussines


site/blog. It pretty much covers home bussines related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

10:43 PM  
Blogger plasticdoc said...

Hi: I was looking for information on cosmetic surgery and can upon your site. I'm working on a site about San Diego plastic surgery and looking for any good facts that I might be able to incorporate into my site to really provide an in-depth information source. After reading your Blog, I found it interesting, but, it wasn't what I was looking for. With that said, I must say I've enjoyed reading it. I bookmarked your blog for the future. Well I'm off again in search for plastic surgery information.

1:54 AM  
Blogger James Baker said...

Hey Fellow, you have a great blog here! I have a web
site & blog about games center.
Yours is top-notch!
If you have a moment, please visit my site
games center
I wish you all the best!

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home